ZO Skin Health is a suite of daily skincare products to fight signs of aging, reduce breakouts, and restore a natural, radiant glow to your complexion. Many skincare products often over-promise on what they can do for your skin. However, with its clinical strength formulas, ZO Skin Health dives deeper into the skin to wash away blemishes and build firmer skin cells. From cleansers to toners to serums, the line of ZO products has a solution for just about every type of skin condition.
For those interested in seeing how ZO Skin Health can rejuvenate your skin’s appearance, please schedule a personal consultation at our Baltimore offices. To reach our friendly front desk directly, please call (410) 465-3600.
About Skin Health
Our skin is our only organ to undergo photoaging. Though sunlight can be beneficial to our body’s in many different ways – too much of it can be detrimental to our skin’s health. In addition to prolonged UV exposure, stress and diet cause our skin’s collagen levels to deplete even quicker. As our body loses the ability to replenish our skin with healthy, fresh collagen fibers, our skin slowly loses strength to fight against wrinkles, fine lines, and other age-related blemishes. Collagen is the fibrous connective protein that gives our skin its structural support. When it is depleted, our skin appears loose, wrinkled, and uneven in tone or texture.
ZO Skin Health is a skincare company by the world-renowned dermatologist Zein E. Obagi. Since the 1980s, Dr. Obagi has popularized the idea of skincare for every person. In 2007, Dr. Obaji founded ZO Skin Health as a way to get real, clinical-strength skincare products to the people who need them most. ZO, as a company, prides itself on its innovative approach, product education, and powerful technologies. Their suite of products is stronger than traditional formulas and is created to maintain healthy skin for anyone at any age. At Metamorphosis, we love ZO Skin Health products because they are remarkable at:
- Correcting sun damage
- Treating hyperpigmentation
- Prevent future wrinkles
- Diminish current wrinkles
ZO Line of Products
The ZO list of products include:
- Exfoliating Cleanser: this strong cleanser washes away surface oil and impurities while keeping the skin feeling hydrated and moisturized. It contains Vitamin E beads to provide nourishment, salicylic acid to clean deep in your pores, and jojoba esters to exfoliate away dead cells.
- Renewal Créme: this hydrating cream supports the skin’s natural moisture levels and subdues visible redness. Its active ingredients of Retinol, Sodium Hyaluronate, and Oxysomes support skin elasticity, natural collagen health, and natural hydration.
- Pigment Control: several ZO pigment control products contain 4% hydroquinone. Hydroquinone has long been seen as the gold standard for treating hyperpigmentation. With glycerin and vitamin E, this product is great for reducing the sight of sunspots, freckles, and other trouble spots of hyperpigmentation.
- Growth Factor Serum: this lightweight gel minimizes the appearance of lines and wrinkles caused by aging. In this serum, ZO has added ZPRO: a ZO exclusive compound that naturally replenishes the skin with hyaluronic acid. With other ingredients to reduce wrinkles and lines around the face, this Growth Factor Serum works to restore health, hydration, and youthfulness to the skin.
- Daily Power Defense: this powerful antioxidant works to fight against wrinkles and fine lines to promote healthy skin. With active amounts of vitamin E and Ceramide 6, this product combats the appearance of aging and supports the skin barrier.
If you are interested in any of these ZO Skin Health products and more, please don’t hesitate to schedule a personal consultation at our Baltimore offices today!
What is ZO Skin Health?
ZO Skin Health is a line of medical-grade skincare products to restore common signs of aging in our complexion. Zo was created in 2007 by board-certified dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi. The ZO line of products is unique in that they are stronger and more potent than other traditional creams.
- Bolke, L., Schlippe, G., Gerß, J., & Voss, W. (2019). A Collagen Supplement Improves Skin Hydration, Elasticity, Roughness, and Density: Results of a Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Blind Study. Nutrients, 11(10), 2494. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11102494
- Oikarinen A. (1994). Aging of the skin connective tissue: how to measure the biochemical and mechanical properties of aging dermis. Photodermatology, photoimmunology & photomedicine, 10(2), 47–52. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8043384/
- Sarkar, R., Arora, P., & Garg, K. V. (2013). Cosmeceuticals for Hyperpigmentation: What is Available?. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 6(1), 4–11. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-2077.110089