Geneo™ is a 3-in-1 skin treatment that combines all the benefits of microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and oxygenating facials. Immediate benefits are softer, smoother, and brighter skin.
- What is the Geneo™ Technology?
- How does the Geneo™ oxygenate my skin?
- How does the Geneo™ feel?
- How does Geneo™ compare to Microdermabrasion?
- What should I expect to see and feel afterwards?
- How frequent can I have Geneo™ treatments?
- Can I have a treatment before an event?
- What are the active ingredients in the gels?
What is the Geneo™ Technology?
Geneo™ is an innovative technology that achieves (1) skin exfoliation (removal of dead skin cells from the skin surface), (2) increased skin oxygen levels and (3) infusion of nutrient-rich products deep into the skin. All actions are simultaneous giving the best “bang for the buck” to clients looking for no down-time, no pain, and immediate, cost-effective results.
How does the Geneo™ oxygenate my skin?
Geneo™ capitalizes on the Bohr Effect that was discovered by Christian Bohr in 1904. The effect indicates that when the CO2 (Carbon dioxide) concentration increases, the hemoglobin releases oxygen from within. The Geneo™ interaction between the capsule and the treatment gel creates abundance of CO2 on the skin that triggers the Bohr Effect that oxygenate the skin naturally.
Oxygenating the skin is beneficial in all anti-aging and corrective skin procedures since it increases cell metabolism and makes the skin more receptive to the nutrients being infused into the skin.
How does the Geneo™ feel?
An Geneo™ treatment feels like a massage for the face. The exfoliation is described as very refreshing and comfortable and, because there is no vacuum procedure (like with microdermabrasion or dermal infusion machines) the overall treatment is more soothing and relaxing. There may be a slight tingling sensation as the skin becomes more oxygenated but overall the procedure is very relaxing.
How does Geneo™ compare to Microdermabrasion?
The Geneo™ treatment differs from microdermabrasion in many ways:
- Microdermabrasion is done “dry” vs Geneo™ which adds the benefit of applying a nutrient-rich gel onto the skin. We get added comfort and cleansing with Geneo™ and the treatment gel is always fresh since the product is vacuum sealed for single use only.
- Geneo™ does not require a vacuum suction thus decreasing the risk of dilating small capillaries on the face which can cause redness.
- Clients enjoy the gentle massaging feel of Geneo™ and describe it as more comfortable than microdermabrasion.
What should I expect to see and feel afterwards?
After treatment, the skin looks brighter, fresher, and more even in skin tone. Also, pigmentation, sun damage, fine lines, and even acne will continue to improve with a series of treatments. The skin feels softer and smoother immediately.
How frequent can I have Geneo™ treatments?
Depending on your skin condition and concerns, we may recommend more frequent treatments initially, perhaps once per week. After your skin is optimized, you can maintain your results with an Geneo™ treatment once a month or even once a season. We will set you up with a schedule that best suits your needs.
Can I have a treatment before an event?
Yes! The Geneo™ treatment has no downtime and the skin looks and feels great right after the treatment. If you have an upcoming event, schedule your treatment on the same day or a day before and the effect will be well visible during the event.
What are the active ingredients in the gels?
The NeoBright™ gel contains azaleic acid, kojic acid, and retinol and is the recommended product for pigmentation, brown spots, and acne.